Revanced Youtube Extended (RVX) is a modified version of the official YouTube app that adds a number of features and customization options. It is an open-source project that is developed by a community of volunteers.
ReVanced YouTube Extended APK Info
|App name||ReVanced YouTube Extended|
|Updated on||2023 September 05|
ReVanced YouTube Extended Features
- Adds splash animation, which was removed in YT v18.19.36+. This patch cannot be used with 'custom-branding-icon' patch
- Bypass ambient mode restrictions in battery saver mode. This will allow you to continue watching videos in the background even when your phone is in battery saver mode.
- Change home page to subscription feed. This will make the subscription feed the default page when you open the YouTube app.
- Rename the YouTube app to the name specified in options.json. This is useful if you want to give the YouTube app a custom name, such as "My YouTube" or "YouTube Pro".
- Changes the YouTube launcher icon to MMT. This will change the icon of the YouTube app to the MMT logo.
- Changes the YouTube launcher icon to Revancify Blue. This will change the icon of the YouTube app to the Revancify Blue logo.
- Changes the YouTube launcher icon to Revancify Red. This will change the icon of the YouTube app to the Revancify Red logo.
- Add 'double-tap to seek' value. This will allow you to seek through videos by double-tapping on the seekbar.
- Specifies the package name for YouTube and YT Music in the MicroG build. This is useful if you want to use the MicroG build of YouTube with a different package name, such as "com.google.youtube.vanced" or "com.google.youtube.music.vanced".
- Adds more playback speed options. This will allow you to watch videos at a variety of playback speeds, from 0.25x to 2.0x.
- Change seekbar color in video player and video thumbnails. This is useful if you want to change the color of the seekbar in the video player and video thumbnails.
- Adds ability to set default playback speed settings. This will allow you to set a default playback speed for all videos.
- Adds ability to set default video quality settings. This will allow you to set a default video quality for all videos.
- Disable CronetEngine's QUIC protocol. This is useful if you are having problems with videos not loading or buffering.
- Disables playing YouTube Shorts when launching YouTube. This will prevent YouTube from automatically playing YouTube Shorts when you launch the app.
- Disables forced auto captions. This will prevent YouTube from automatically turning on captions for all videos.
- Disable haptic feedback when swiping. This will disable the haptic feedback that is triggered when you swipe through videos.
- Disable HDR video. This will disable HDR video playback.
- Disable landscape mode when entering fullscreen. This will prevent the video from rotating to landscape mode when you enter fullscreen.
- Disable pip notification when you first launch pip mode. This will prevent the pip notification from appearing when you first launch pip mode.
- Enables compact control overlay. This will make the control overlay in the video player smaller.
- Adds debugging options. This will add a number of debugging options to the YouTube app, such as the ability to see the network traffic and the ability to disable ads.
- Open url outside the app in an external browser. This will open any links that you tap on in the YouTube app in an external browser, instead of opening them in the YouTube app.
- Enables minimized and background playback. This will allow you to minimize or play videos in the background even when you are using other apps
ReVanced YouTube Extended APK Download
The simplest way is to download Community ReVanced Manager and use it to install, manage, and update other ReVanced applications with user-friendly features designed for non-technical users.
What's the difference between Revanced YouTube and Revanced YouTube Extended?
Revanced YouTube and Revanced YouTube Extended are both modded versions of the official YouTube app that add additional features and remove ads. However, there are some key differences between the two versions.
- ReVanced YouTube is a more stable version with a wider range of supported devices. It has been around for longer and has been through more rigorous testing. Revanced YouTube is also compatible with more devices, including older Android phones and tablets.
- ReVanced YouTube Extended has more features. It includes additional features that are not yet available in Revanced YouTube, such as sponsorblock, background playback, and picture-in-picture mode.
- ReVanced YouTube Extended is no longer being developed. The developer of Revanced Extended announced in August 2023 that he was discontinuing the project. This is because Google has become more aggressive in cracking down on modded YouTube apps.
If you are looking for a stable and reliable modded YouTube app with a wide range of supported devices, then Revanced YouTube is a good choice. If you are looking for a modded YouTube app with more features, then Revanced YouTube Extended is a good option. However, be aware that Revanced YouTube Extended is no longer being developed.
Here is a table that summarizes the key differences between Revanced YouTube and Revanced YouTube Extended:
|Feature||Revanced YouTube||Revanced YouTube Extended|
|Stability||More stable||Less stable|
|Supported devices||Wider range of devices||Narrower range of devices|
|Features||Fewer features||More features|
|Development status||Actively developed||Discontinued|
Ultimately, the best choice for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. If you are not sure which version to choose, I recommend starting with Revanced YouTube. It is the more stable and reliable option, and it is compatible with a wider range of devices. If you find that you need more features, then you can always switch to Revanced YouTube Extended.
How to download and install ReVanced YouTube Extended
- Remove all previous installations of MicroG and ReVanced YouTube Extended
- Download and install the latest version of MicroG here, note that MicroG is a background service so it may require some background permissions.
- Download and install the latest version of ReVanced YouTube Extended here.
- Enjoy ad-free YouTube viewing.
ReVanced YouTube Extended older versions
|18.31.40||2023 September 05||153.3MB||Download|
|18.30.37||2023 August 08||147.3MB||Download|
|18.29.38||2023 August 04||151.7MB||Download|
|18.27.36||2023 August 13||146.0MB||Download|
|18.27.35||2023 July 26||146.4MB||Download|
|18.25.40||2023 July 16||146.5MB||Download|
|18.25.39||2023 July 09||146.4MB||Download|
|18.24.37||2023 August 13||145.9MB||Download|
|18.17.43||2023 May 23||144.6MB||Download|
|18.16.39||2023 May 23||145.0MB||Download|
|18.15.40||2023 May 23||143.5MB||Download|
|18.14.41||2023 May 23||143.8MB||Download|
|18.13.38||2023 May 23||143.6MB||Download|
|18.12.35||2023 May 23||143.4MB||Download|